Tips for a Better Yoga Experience
- Unless otherwise noted, all classes on the regular schedule are ongoing. Pre-registration is not required.
- Arrive to class on time. Please check in and take care of payment arrangements before class. If you are late, please wait until the initial centering is over and then enter the studio quietly.
- If you have a yoga mat, bring it. If not, mats are available to rent and purchase.
- Enter fresh and clean. Do not wear perfume or cologne. Taking a bath or shower both before/after practicing refreshes both body and mind.
- Wear comfortable clothes like leggings, sweats, tank tops and/or tshirts.
- Please remove your shoes at the door; yoga is practiced in bare feet.
- Turn your cell phone off or leave them in your car. Commit to being technology free for 1 hour.
- Practice on an empty stomach waiting at least 2–3 hours after eating; a full belly can cause discomfort.
- Inform the teacher before class if you have any injuries, diseases, recent surgeries, low back or disc problems.
- Sweating is good; it releases the body of toxins; please bring your own towel to class.
- Be considerate of the sacredness of the space—pick up after yourself and if you borrow our mats, please wipe them down with mat cleaner that is provided. Fold blankets & mats neatly and replace them in an organized fashion. Leave the space in better shape than you found it.
- Keep voices low when socializing in the common area as class may still be in progress.
- Be sure to sign-up for our e-mail list for class updates, workshops, changes and other news.
Email other questions to firstname.lastname@example.org